We offer a transparent structure for our legal services, legal advice, applications, court representation, and sponsor management. The prices listed below are for guidance only. We will give you an accurate quote reflecting the complexity and urgency of your case in advance of any work undertaken.
Most of our services are offered on an hourly rate basis and as many of our clients’ matters are complex and often involve multiple parties, there is rarely a typical case. Our clients are given an estimate of costs after our initial meeting or as part of the engagement process. There are some areas where we are able to be more indicative and, as in accordance with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) guidance on price transparency, we have published our price and service information where it is possible to be upfront about charges without knowing all the details of the matter.
Price information for private individuals
This information is intended to inform private individuals about our fees for immigration and nationality matters. These fees do not apply to work undertaken for corporate clients.
We have set out the hourly rates for lawyers at different levels.
The below rates and fee estimates are exclusive of VAT. Professional fees will be subject to VAT at 20% where this is applicable.
These rates are subject to annual review.
- Senior Associates £220–£260
- Associates: £170 – £220
- Trainee Solicitors – £110 to £120
- Paralegals: £110
As each matter will involve work by an associate or senior associate and a paralegal/legal assistant/trainee solicitor, the estimate of hours is based on an average hourly rate of £220 to reflect the involvement of lawyers at different levels.
Your matter will always be supervised by the Senior Associate. Work will be completed by lawyers of varying experience. The estimated fee quotes are premised on the work being completed by lawyers across a range of levels, with time estimates using an average hourly rate to reflect the involvement of different lawyers. The time spent by lawyers at different levels will vary depending on a number of factors including the complexity and nature of the matter. The quotes assume that each stage of the work is conducted by an appropriate level of lawyer, if client preference dictates work be completed at a higher level, this will of course impact fee estimates.
The estimates set out here have been provided to give a range of likely fees for standard applications. Once we have further information about your personal circumstances and the nature of the assistance you require, we may be able to agree a fixed fee.
Your fee estimate or fixed fee would be agreed prior to us formalising our engagement with you.
The LawLex immigration team has been advising individuals and businesses on UK immigration and nationality law for many years. The below fee quotes relate to work undertaken for individuals and are intended to provide an overview of some of the most common application types.
For details as to whether LawLex Solicitors will be able to assist with your specific immigration and nationality query and to receive a fee quote tailored to your specific requirements, please contact us.
This fee quote assumes you meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules, EEA Regulations, or British Nationality Act 1981 (as applicable) without requiring discretion to be exercised.
It also assumes there are no other factors that make the application more complex such as a criminal record or a history of non-compliance with UK immigration.
The exact number of hours it will take depends on the circumstances in your case. Such as:
- The complexity of the legal issues involved
- The urgency of the matter
- The level of documentation available and any issues in obtaining this
- Where the application is being made and any particular additional services you wish to use
- Whether the application is an initial one, an extension or an application for indefinite leave to remain
- Whether there are any dependants and their personal circumstances
- The nature and number of any required supporting statements
- If we are required to liaise with third parties such as accountants or financial institutions
- If Counsel is required to provide written advice and/or to represent you as part of an appeal process
- The number of tribunal appearances required
What services are included?
The work will involve:
- Taking full instructions from you in order to provide initial assessment, advice on the key requirements and how these apply to your circumstances
- Providing a comprehensive list of necessary documents and information, and templates where appropriate
- Reviewing and collating supporting documents
- Liaising with third parties where required to obtain additional evidence
- Preparing the relevant application forms, submitting these on your behalf and booking any necessary appointments
- Drafting a comprehensive covering letter in support of your application
- Advising on the application submission options and procedure, and on likely time frames
- Advising you on the outcome of the application and explaining your new immigration or nationality status, including information about how to remain compliant with your visa conditions and the eligibility criteria for extensions and indefinite leave to remain.
The costs quoted here do not include any disbursements related to your matter. Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees and Immigration Health Surcharge. We handle the payment of disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
The processing times for your application will vary depending on the application service you select and where the application is being made. We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application but we can give further information on the application options and likely time frames as part of the advice we will provide to you if instructed.
Please note the anticipated number of hours and fees are an estimate. All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.