Our fees are based on an hourly rate of the fee earner who is dealing with your matter or can be agreed on a fixed fee basis as below.
|Level of Complexity||Filing a claim or defending the claim||Preliminary hearings||Final hearings|
|Simple Complexity||From 600 + vat||from 550 + vat||From 800 + vat|
|Medium complexity||From 800 + vat||from 700 + vat||From1200 + vat|
|Complex cases||From 1000 + vat||from 900 + vat||From 1700 + vat|
We have set out the hourly rates for lawyers at different levels.
The rates and fee estimates are exclusive of VAT and disbursements. Professional fees will be subject to VAT at 20% where this is applicable.
These rates are subject to annual review.
- Senior Associates £220–£260
- Associates: £170 – £220
- Trainee Solicitors – £110 to £120
- Paralegals- £110
Fees not included (Disbursements)
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. Barrister’s fees are estimated between £1,000 and £5,000 depending on the length of representation and can be higher (depending on the experience of the Barrister) for attending a Tribunal Hearing (including preparation)
Some of those stages below may not be applicable and will be reflected on price
- Taking your initial instructions, reviewing the papers and advising you on merits and likely compensation (this is likely to be revisited throughout the matter and subject to change)
- Entering into pre-claim conciliation where this is mandatory to explore whether a settlement can be reached;
- Preparing claim or response
- Reviewing and advising on claim or response from other party
- Exploring settlement and negotiating settlement throughout the process
- Preparing or considering a schedule of loss
- Preparing for (and attending) a Preliminary Hearing
- Exchanging documents with the other party and agreeing a bundle of documents
- Taking witness statements, drafting statements and agreeing their content with witnesses
- Preparing bundle of documents
- Reviewing and advising on the other party’s witness statements
- Agreeing a list of issues, a chronology and/or cast list
- Preparation and attendance at Final Hearing, including instructions to Counsel
Prices quoted are for representation throughout the full stage of proceedings up to a final hearing. Work would include the draft of initial pleadings, attendance at a preliminary hearing to discuss case management, dealing with the case management orders including; preparation of a schedule of loss; dealing with disclosure of documents/preparation of a bundle and drafting of witness statements. We would also instruct and liaise with a barrister for any final preparations before attending the final hearing.
Employment-related claims can take from one month to a year or longer depending on whether the agreement is reached at an early stage or proceeds to a final hearing. An accurate timescale will be provided at the time commencing a case.