These costs apply where a claim is in relation to a simple unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes the claim at any point, further work will be required and you will be provided with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one-off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
Our fee includes:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- Sending a letter before action
- Receiving payment and sending onto you, or providing advice if the debt is not paid.
|Debt value||Court fee||Our fee (excluding. VAT)||Total|
|Up to £5,000||£35 – £205||£350 (excluding VAT)||£385 – £555 +VAT|
|£5,001 – £10,000||£455||£350 (excluding VAT)||£805 +VAT|
|£10,001 – £50,000||5% value of the claim||£150- £250 per hour||Estimates available upon request|
Further work not included and upon which fees can be agreed:
- drafting, analysing and issuing claim
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default
- When Judgement in default is received, contact to the other side to request payment
- Other steps as appropriate
On average matter can take 1 – 12 months from receipt of instructions to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgement in default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to conclude.